The end of the quarter is almost here, and that means that we only have a couple meetings left! Make sure to come to our meeting this Tuesday at 6:10pm in Chemistry 179 to talk with members and officers of the club who have gotten hands-on experience in the healthcare field. The biggest obstacle for applying to PA school is figuring out how to get all the hours that you need, so we have put together a panel of generous volunteers who are willing to share their experiences and answer any questions that you might have. If you are a volunteer who is speaking on the panel, you should have received a reminder email from us about the meeting tomorrow, if not please email us and let us know!
For our last meeting on May 24 we will be having a representative from Marshall B. Ketchum PA school come to our meeting. Please make sure to mark this off on your calendar and show up! She has generously bought a plane ticket from southern California just to come and talk to us about their program, so let's make her trip worth it.
Lastly, if you have a Facebook and think that you will attend our end of the year banquet, please RSVP to the poll on our Facebook page so we can have an estimation of the size of the room and how much food we will need to get! Details about the banquet are in the post.
We have many volunteer opportunities in the Davis community available to members this quarter. Check out our website events page (http://prepaclubatucd.weebly.com/meetings--events.html) for information on all of the volunteer positions we currently have available.
As always, please email us with any questions or requests of what you would like to see happen in the club!
Kellie, Micah, Jacinda, An, Sabrina, Lisa
PRE-PA CLUB EVENTS:
- Student Panel (Hands-on Experience) - May 17, 6:10-7:00pm, Chemistry 179
- Marshall B. Ketchum Admissions - Tuesday May 24, 6:10-7:00pm, Surge 111 1309
OTHER HEALTH-RELATED OPPORTUNITIES:
- GC Prep - May 16, 12:20pm, Life Sciences 1022
- ASMBM Networking Social - May 17, 7:00-9:00pm, Conference Center
- Samuel Merritt Nursing Program - May 17, 1:10pm Olson 105
- Pharm CAS 101 - May 18, 3:00pm, Life Sciences 1022
- Personal Statements 101 - May 19, 1:10pm Life Sciences 1022
- OT Prep - May 20, 1:00pm, Life Sciences 1022
- Vet Prep- May 23, 12:20pm, Life Sciences 1022