I hope you all had a great third week of school and survived those midterms! For those of you who still have midterms this upcoming week, my condolences and good luck. Thank you to all who came out to our meeting last week with Joanne, it was awesome to see members participating and to be able to get to know some of you through your interview answers. I will be posting the minutes from the meeting later today on all of our online sources - make sure to check them out as there was a lot of good interview information and tips from Joanne!
This week, HPA will be hosting a meeting regarding gaining hands-on clinical experience for Pre-PA. Clinical experience is one of the most difficult and time consuming requirements for PA School, as I'm sure a lot of you already know, so take advantage of the opportunity to learn more about what options are out there and how to best prepare yourselves. The meeting will be Wednesday Oct. 21st at 6:10pm in Geidt 1003. For those of you who were unable to make our Lazi Cow Fundraiser on the 8th (and everyone else who just loves pizza and wants to support our club) we are having a fundraiser at BLAZE Pizza Oct. 22nd from 6:00pm-9:00pm. In order for our club to get a percentage of the proceeds, you MUST present our fundraising flyer (handed out last meeting and attached here) to the cashier when you pay. Thank you ahead of time and we will see you there!
- Everyone who has not paid their membership fees yet but still plans on becoming an official member, please make sure to mark your T-shirt size on the Facebook poll so we can order enough T-shirts for everybody in the right size. IF (and only if) you do not have a Facebook, you may email our club email with your T-shirt size. If you have already turned in an application and paid your fee please ignore this.
- Wednesday October 21st is the last day to turn in your Mentorship Application if you want to be a part of this year's Mentorship Program!!! In order to be considered for the program, you must be an official member (application and fees turned in) by October 21st.
As always, please let us know of any events we didn't include and email us with any questions!
Your Officers (Kellie, Micah, Sabrina, Lisa, An, Jacinda)
I. PRE-PA CLUB EVENTS
- DEADLINE Oct. 21 -- Last day to turn in Mentorship Applications
- FUNDRAISER Oct 22, Blaze Pizza 6:00pm-9:00pm
- MEETING Oct. 28, 8:10pm in Giedt 1003 --Speaker Erin Audrain, PA-C https://www.facebook.com/events/1478084462497764/
II. OTHER RELEVANT EVENTS
- Oct. 19, 7:00pm, Wall Main Lounge -- Pre Health Advising Meet and Greet
- Oct. 20, 3:30pm-6:00pm, Wall Hall Quad -- ASBMB Ice Cream for Science
- Oct. 21, 6:10pm, Giedt 1003 -- HPA Hands on Experience for Pre-PA
- Oct. 28, 6:10pm, Surge III 1309 -- HPA GRE Prep
Membership Application: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DKSdZMdDrsqfyU9Sng5kC6Y8_RZaqEqih9JJXchdms0/edit