First, a big thank you to all who attended our first meeting and fundraiser this past week! We had an awesome turnout for the meeting and the fundraiser was a success! This and all club money will go towards T-shirts for club members, "thank you" cards and gift certificates for speakers, club supplies, road trips to graduate schools, and providing more opportunities to our members.
This week, our meeting will be Wednesday October 14 at 8:10pm in room 1309 Surge III. Make sure you come and learn about graduate school interview tips from guest speaker Joanne Snapp! If you did not pay your membership fee at our first meeting and want to become an official member, please bring your $15 to this meeting (we accept cash and checks). There have been a few people asking if they could pay a lower membership fee if they do not get a T-shirt; unfortunately, this isn't something that can be done. The fee is strictly for becoming an official member of the club and one of the perks of being a member is also getting a free T-shirt. It would not be fair if everybody wasn't required to pay the same amount to be a member.
If you are an official member and want to be a part of our Mentorship Program with the PA students at UC Davis School of Medicine, please turn in your Mentorship Application to this email by October 21st (found on our website and Facebook page) as we will be sending all applications to the PA student representative on that date so she can match our members with their students. Remember that you have to be an official member (membership application turned in and dues paid) in order to take advantage of this opportunity.
We hope to see you again this Wednesday! As always, please let us know of any upcoming events that we may have missed or any opportunities you would like to see happen for the club.
(Kellie, Micah, Sabrina, Jacinda, An, Lisa)
I. PRE-PA CLUB EVENTS
- MEETING Oct. 14, 8:10pm in Surge III 1309 --Mock interview with Joanne Snapp https://www.facebook.com/events/1627536527497588/
- DEADLINE Oct. 21 -- Last day to turn in Mentorship Applications
- FUNDRAISER Oct 22, Blaze Pizza 6:00pm-9:00pm
- MEETING Oct. 28, 8:10pm in Giedt 1003 --Speaker Erin Audrain, PA-C https://www.facebook.com/events/1478084462497764/
II. OTHER RELEVANT EVENTS
- Oct. 12, 6:00pm, Wellman 234 -- The Nursing Club at UC Davis is having Sharon Warner, Johns Hopkins School of Nursing's senior admissions officer speak
- Oct. 19, 7:00pm, Wall Main Lounge -- Pre Health Advising Meet and Greet
- Oct. 21, 6:10pm, Giedt 1003 -- HPA Hands on Experience for Pre-PA
- Oct. 28, 6:10pm, Surge III 1309 -- HPA GRE Prep
Membership Application: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DKSdZMdDrsqfyU9Sng5kC6Y8_RZaqEqih9JJXchdms0/edit