This is both an exciting and sad week as it is our last meeting of the quarter! For our last meeting on Wednesday the 18th at 7:10pm in Chemistry 176, we will be having guest speaker Nicole, who is a second year PA student at the UC Davis PA School. She will be telling us about her experiences and taking any questions we might have so be sure to come! And what would an end of the quarter meeting be without FREE PIZZA? Please "like" the Facebook post on our page regarding Wednesday's meeting only if you are serious about coming, as we will be using this as an estimate for how much pizza to order.
We are very excited to announce that our Mentorship Program has officially begun! If you are part of this program, you should have received an email from us earlier today regarding who your assigned mentor is and their contact information. A couple of things to remember:
- When contacting your mentor, ALWAYS be respectful and courteous of their time and their busy schedules (don't harass them with multiple emails if they don't respond right away, etc.)
- You may contact ONLY your assigned mentor. If you are having a problem with your assigned mentor or something isn't working out, please email us directly explaining the issue and not your mentor. We will then work to fix the situation for you.
- Do not share your mentor's personal contact information with anybody else. It is not our right to give out this information to anybody other than those it was intended for and we want to respect the privacy of our mentors.
T-shirt Update: Club T-shirts have been ordered and we are expecting to hand them out at the beginning of winter quarter! We will let you know when this will be.
Enjoy these last couple weeks before finals! As always, please let us know of any events we may have missed or opportunities you would like to see happen for the club.
Your Officers (Kellie, Micah, Sabrina, An, Lisa, Jacinda)
I. PRE-PA CLUB EVENTS
- LAST MEETING OF THE QUARTER Nov. 18, 7:10pm, Chem 176 -- Speaker: Second year UC Davis PA student Nicole https://www.facebook.com/events/1502456423381383/
II. OTHER RELEVANT EVENTS
- Nov. 16, 6:30pm, Geidt 2002 -- Graduate/Medical Exam Workshop
- Nov. 17, 7:10pm Young -- Samuel Merritt School of Nursing Admissions Speaker
- Nov. 17, 6:00pm, Kleiber 3 -- MCAT Prep
- Nov. 18, 7:00pm, Wellman 26 -- UC Davis Fire Department EMT Info Session
- Nov. 19, 7:00pm, Wellman 106 -- Global Water Brigades Info Session
- Nov. 20, 2:10pm, Life Sciences 2002 -- Physical Therapy Info Session