Welcome to Spring Quarter! This email has a lot of information regarding the upcoming quarter and opportunities so read carefully. To start off, our first meeting will be held this Tuesday April 7 from 6:10-7:00pm in Chemistry 179. Make sure to come to get an overview of what we have planned for this quarter! A Kaplan representative will also be giving us an overview of the GRE packages they offer, what is available in terms or reviewing for the GRE, and deals they offer to club members. If you are an official member and would like to get your free club shirt at this meeting, please send us an email by Monday and we will be sure to bring it for you.
Officer application for the 2016-2017 school year are now closed. Thank you to all who applied! We will be sending out email in the coming week regarding interview dates and time, so keep a look out.
We are still looking for members who would be willing to speak in our clinical hours/experiences panel. If you have some experience related to healthcare from clinics, MA, CNA, volunteering, EMT, scribe, any type of assistant, mission trips, or anything else that is relevant please consider participating on the panel! This is a great opportunity for members of our club to help each other and share experiences regarding one of the most (if not the most) challenging part of applying to PA school. Please email us if you are interested!
We have many new volunteer opportunities that we are going to be sharing this quarter. The Blood Drive has asked us to volunteer with them again this quarter since we did such a great job in winter (details to follow for sign-ups and dates). We will also have opportunities in community food service including Chow Night and Hillel House and a branch of the Special Olympics in Davis. Keep an eye out for announcements and details.
The application cycle for Paul Hom Asian Clinic is now open for this interested in gaining hands on clinical experience in the Asian community. The deadline is Friday April 17 at 11:59 pm. Please visit their website for the application and more details (https://myhs.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/web/paul-hom-asian-clinic).
As always, please email us with any questions or requests of what you would like to see happen in the club!
Your Officers (Kellie, Micah, Jacinda, An, Sabrina, Lisa)
PRE-PA CLUB EVENTS:
- First Meeting - Tuesday April 5, 6:10-7:00pm, Chemistry 179 https://www.facebook.com/events/1396444357048301/
- University of the Pacific Admissions - Tuesday May 3, 6:10-7:00pm, Chemistry 179
- Marshall B. Ketchum Admissions - Tuesday May 24, 6:10-7:00pm, Surge 111 1309
OTHER HEALTH-RELATED OPPORTUNITIES:
- Public Health Week Symposium - April 5, 5:30-7:30pm, 1005 Genome Auditorium
- Transfer Pre-Health Mentoring Program - April 7, 1:10pm, Life Sciences 1022
- Imani Bolt 5k run for health - April 10
- Joan Viteri Memorial Clinic Application - April 10 https://www.facebook.com/jvmclinic
- Med School 101 - April 27, 3:10pm, Life Sciences 1022